Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

   Is there a "chip" for surviving 60 days in a World that you are abruptly transitioned to?  You know, like Alcoholics Anonymous, or Narcotics Anonymous?  Or even a 12 step program?  Which step am I on now...?  Well, I have passed step 1; that our lives had become unmanageable, but definitely have not made it to step 12; Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps.  Wondering what the timeline is for this?  Each day I wake up, I forget where I am and why?  Until the sleepy fog passes and I look out the window and see pine trees dusted in snow.  Hmm, where is the neighbors house?  Where is that noisy garbage truck and recycling truck that are usually bustling down the street?  Oh yea!  I don't live in Greenfield anymore!  Kind of like Dorothy in Oz; Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. 
   Thankfully I have connected with some ladies that are true and sincere.  They have been kind enough to allow me into their Tuesday coffee and chat time in Rhinelander.  As my "old friends" know, I do not drink coffee (sorry Niko), but I did find a delicious hot chocolate or cold frappe drink that is good.  Also one of the ladies and I will be doing a little crafty card project at the Eagle River Childrens Museum.  We plan on working on some prototypes and then possibly doing an adult workshop where all the supplies are provided, and the card maker gets to keep 50% of the cards they make and the other half will be donated to the museum, which they will sell and keep the proceeds for the museum.  Pretty good plan I think!
   My time is spent worrying about the problems we have with the "point" well system we have, managing the laundry and doing the dishes in between toilet flushes. And spending time outdoors.  Bob, Jake and I have been doing some ice fishing along with Maggie and Korkie.  Last weekend we went to a Lake that will remain un-named (we will call it Lake B), such a secret society up here!  It's a well known fact that you WILL NOT give the name of a Lake that is a good producer of fish, so don't even ask.  Seriously??   Anywho, we did fabulously.  We caught many, many pan fish; blue gills and perch while jigging out of a hole and caught some pretty hefty northern with tip ups.  When we stopped at the local gas and go to get our live bait for the day, I found a hot pink tip up that had my name written all over it.  We couldn't use it that day, as it still needs to be set up with line and such, but it's so cool (it's the small things).

      So, as I sit here listening to the blabber of the crazy women from The View, Minnie is laying on her back snoring...I think it's time for me to put on some pants and get the day going.  So much to do before the big Wednesday television night (not).  Because you know, I have to keep working on those 12 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment