Friday, May 18, 2012

Puddle of Mudd

   Sitting in the drive, waiting for Bob to get home from Milwaukee.  He has been gone for 2 weeks.  Today it's supposed to be in the 80's.  Tomorrow is a fabulous day....we are going to MudFest, Puddle of Mudd is going to be in Eagle River at the derby track.  Apparently this is a first for up here, just in time for us!  A friend forwarded a groupon offer and we got a great deal on general admission tickets.  I can't wait.  We love music.  There are 2 other bands, and the winner of battle of the bands, which I don't know a whole lot about, but will tomorrow.
   I am hoping Bob can relax and enjoy the scenery and weather today and doesn't stress out about money and such.  I have accomplished quite a bit while he was gone in hopes that he could take a break while here at home. 
   A peliated wood pecker just flew past while I was typing this, so close I got almost touch it.  It's a huge wood pecker, (wonder if that what Woody Wood Pecker was?).  Also the blue jays are hanging off the suet and the red squirrel is harassing Maggie by constantly chirping at her.  I have to bring in the feeders every night now since the bears have visited and done some damage. 
   My pet sitter came this week and got familiar with the house as we both leave for Milwaukee soon, to see Bailey, my baby graduate.  I can type that now with no emotion, however once they start that pomp and circumstance song, I will be a blubbering mess.  I can't believe it.  On one hand the years have gone by slowly (some of the bad stuff), and the other they just flew by.  I cannot believe they will both be on their own come August.  Wow.  Plus, Mr. Drama himself will be visiting me in our new northwoods location.  That should be a trip.  Niko and bugs, dirt and other elements!  Although I know he will appreciate the scenery and the wildlife.  Hope he brings his camera (he will).  Wait until he sees how awful phone service is here!  Oh boy.  I plan on stopping at Verizon today to dumb down my phone.  My smart phone, is not so smart here.  I NEVER get service.  Never does it show missed calls...I have to call my voicemail daily, just to see if I missed a call.  However, Bob's generic contractor type phone works just fine.  d
   Met with a fellow retired GFPD guy yesterday.  That was nice. A little reminder of who we are.  His family has a cabin getaway about 8 minutes from my house and he is looking for a little help changing the sheets between guests.  What a small world. 
   Bob should be here any minute, I can't wait until he sees the bent hook from the bear and the now not so usable suet holder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment