Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting...

So, waiting seems to be what I do most.  My life has changed so drastically living up in Eagle River.  My life prior to ER was always, always, always rushed.  Rush to go to work, rush home after an unknown amount of time at work to rush and make dinner and run errands, including but not limited to; kids sports, grocery shopping, doctor appointments, picking up prescriptions, cleaning, dog walking, changing sheets, doing laundry, folding laundry, putting laundry away, more cleaning, hurry up and get to bed to start the next day to do it all over again.  I wasted so much money.  Because I couldn't get enough done in a day, I quickly ran to the local store to get whatever it was we were out of, without even looking at prices, there was no time.  It seemed if Bob and I had plans it also was in a rush.  Hurry up Bob, get home from work and shower so we can get there on time.  (I hate being late).  Nothing was at a nice pace.  Ever.  I am not exaggerating.  Now; so much different.  I actually have time to cut coupons, walk leisurely down all the aisles at the grocery store, AFTER which I have already shopped at the Family Dollar for the items I know I can get cheaper there!  So back to waiting...I wait for the mail, I wait for 2:00 to come so I can feed the dogs, I wait for phone calls from friends and family, wait to hear if anyone will come and visit.  So the above picture is me waiting for fish.  Yea, even waiting for the fish in the lake to hit the bait.  I do know that I need to find some purpose.  Waiting is not what I want my life to turn into.....


2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for Friday to come so we can come and visit you and Bob and the animals. Very nice entry today...and I can totally relate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write well and you should update this more. It will be a good memory someday

    ReplyDelete