Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer

     Raspberry picking, I found a big hole which more than likely turns out to be a badger hole.  It would have been awesome to actually see the badger, but no such luck as they are nocturnal.  Plus Bob says I wasn't exactly dressed to run away from a ticked off mammal that would be running after me.  The weather here has been ridiculous, hot and humid, apparently not the norm.  We have no air conditioning which everyone here says is unnecessary (I kind of disagree), but it does save quite the penny!  Someday I think we may invest, but not at this point.  This particular day pictured above it was around dinner time, and it was HOT, humid and we were totally dripping with sweat.  We did find quite the jackpot that day.  I do know why raspberries are so expensive, because they are not that easy to pick!  Very time consuming.

     I am very excited to be keeping busy by painting, decorating and staging a house for my fabulous landlord, BB.  I really love doing this. 

     Bob has been going back and forth to the Milwaukee area working, which leaves me alone on my own more than I want.  However, in the big picture it's a really good thing.  It's helping out so much financially.  When he is here in ER, we fish, go out exploring the woods and the area lakes and really enjoy our time together.  We still don't have cable or satellite television, but at this point we don't really miss it.  He gets his fill while he is sleeping at my parents' in St. Francis, before going to bed.  I spend alot of time outside, clean, hang with the poochies and read. 

     My 43rd birthday I spent in the Porcupine Mtns with friends, Bob was unable to join us, which was really sad.  It was my first tent camping and it was pretty cool. I swam in Lake Superior, saw bears eating leftovers at a restaurant, went to Lake of the Clouds and hiked some beautiful trails.   Friends from Greenfield have come here to visit also which was also awesome, but Bob missed that too :(   I got to go pleasure boating for the first time in a long time (Bob uses his boat for fishing, and fishing only).  I also took my friends' daughter for a week and went to the Wildwood Zoo which is my all time new favorite zoo.  It's a petting zoo and there are so many kinds of animals that you can interact with.  We also took her tubing, geocaching and to the movies.  It's been quite a busy summer.  I feel very fortunate.

     I am counting down the days now until my baby leaves for the Army.  I can't believe that it's less than a month.  I get choked up just thinking about it.  Both kids, so far away.  Proud but sad.

     I can't believe it's been 7 full months of living up here.  I am blessed to be here, yet there isn't a day that goes by that I am not reminded of the events leading up to it.  I found out yesterday that someone is making an offer on our house in Greenfield.  I pray for a sale as that would be in our best interest and to start the long road to recovery. 

     Hoping that my mom comes up soon.  She had her knee replaced 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting patiently for her to come up and visit as she has not been here yet.  She will absolutely love it, but she fears the long ride. 

     One last round of visitors are coming this next weekend, I look forward to the visit, Bob will be here too.  I wish Gary and Kenney could come.  Maybe.

     As always, missing family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment